Founded in 1957, Joseph Ribkoff is an iconic designer, manufacturer and distributor of fashionable women's apparel, which is designed, sewn and produced in Canada and sold to 62 international markets.
Joseph Ribkoff's reputation is built on the versatility, affordability and quality of their collections along with their unmatched excellence in customer service. While many fashion houses have faced significant headwinds, Joseph Ribkoff continues to grow revenue and profitability year after year. Today, Joseph Ribkoff proudly stands out as one of the leading exporters in the Canadian fashion industry.
They are headquartered in Montreal where 300 of their 450 employees are based. The Montreal location includes the corporate offices, production and warehouse facilities.
Reporting directly to the Director of Finance, the Senior Costing Analyst is responsible for developing and delivering costing strategy to realize Joseph Ribkoff’ s financial and supply chain goals in a sustainable fashion while preserving design intent and quality promise to the customers.
Along with the finance team, while leveraging their understanding and experience of garment and accessory costing, the Senior Costing Analyst will help set in place the foundational system, process and organizational enablers for best-in-class end to end costing.
- Lead all the inventory costing activities of the company’s short and long-term financial goals.
- Continuously evolve end-to-end costing process, including the development of standards, policies and governance structure to improve efficiencies and deliver best costs.
- Identify and communicate cost saving opportunities based on data-driven analytics.
- Develop tools and platforms to drive faster, more transparent and reliable costing processes.
- Drive comprehensive policy of costing rate, method and reporting standardization enabling transparency and comparability of all quote rounds, vendors and product segments.
- Lead and develop costing team to achieve personal and team goals, maximizing leverage of subject matter expertise and experience while minimizing manual non-value-added activities.
- Champion the creation of a long-term cost platform seamlessly integrated into the product creation systems and process environment, which can secure the implementation of standards and execution of cost policies while drastically reducing manual effort, total time-to-cost and error driven re-work.
- Analyze development costing information to ensure accuracy and identify discrepancies. Maintain communication records to assure smooth work flow, timely approvals and problem resolution.
- Run and analyze existing reports and edit/create new reports to support general business needs across Product Development, Materials & Color teams.
- Manage cost-pertinent information (Excel cost sheets, Access database, for example) to ensure internal customers have access to timely and accurate data to make informed design, development and pricing decisions.
- CMA designation is an asset
- 5+ years in a manufacturing or product development environment
- 3+ years of business analytics experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree - BA/BS in business or equivalent
- Possess analytical skills which lead to decision-making and problem-solving
- Willing to seek out information
- Ability to quickly assess and resolve situations with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Strong written/verbal communication
- Ability to effectively prioritize workloads, work cross-functionally within the company
- Flexible with multiple tasks and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience in complex data analysis and strong computer skills are required
- High comfort level with extracting and combining data across multiple sources
- Possess a desire to learn and also demonstrate a spirit of service
- Experience in change management / business transformation initiatives with process, organization and technology changes
- Demonstrated success in obtaining buy into change with multiple stakeholders to achieve the goals of effective business transformation
- Experience in collaborating with geographically distributed teams
- Consulting experience from a leading integrator a plus
- Apparel industry experience highly desirable
- Bilingual (French and English)
If this challenge interest you and you want to evolve in a well establish and internationally recognized company, we invite you to send us your resume through this site.
***Only the candidates who will be moving forward will receive a follow-up. ***