Founded in 1957, Joseph Ribkoff is an iconic designer, manufacturer and distributor of fashionable women's apparel, which is designed, sewn and produced in Canada and sold to 62 international markets.
Joseph Ribkoff's reputation is built on the versatility, affordability and quality of their collections along with their unmatched excellence in customer service. While many fashion houses have faced significant headwinds, Joseph Ribkoff continues to grow revenue and profitability year after year. Today, Joseph Ribkoff proudly stands out as one of the leading exporters in the Canadian fashion industry.
They are headquartered in Montreal where 300 of their 450 employees are based. The Montreal location includes the corporate offices, production and warehouse facilities.
The Contract Manufacturing Coordinator is responsible to ensure that production sewing at the contractors meets Joseph Ribkoff standards in terms of Quality, Quantity and Lead Time.
- Manage and maintain excellent partnership with our Toronto Area Contractor base;
- Develop our existing contractor base capacity by working closely with them to increase their existing volume and output;
- Search, identify and validate new capacity in the greater Toronto area to be added to our existing pool of contractor;
- Daily coordination of all manufacturing lots under production, quick resolution of issues with the head office, and assure contractor under his responsibility are as productive as possible;
- Inform Head Office of any potential problems before production is complete. Or any discrepancies between the okay sample and the production. Be pro-active and reinforce the importance of identifying potential quality problems at the beginning of the process;
- Daily follow up and management of production advancement, lead time and delivery date;
- Coordinate priorities and workload between the different contractors. Ensure the proper priorities are addressed and deadlines are met;
- On site management of finish product quality under the leadership of our FG quality head;
- Visit sewing contractors and verify measurements and workmanship
- Determine what levels of shading are tolerable, depending on the style
- Forward by email to the Quality Control Supervisor any discrepancies or quality issues with detailed information;
- Identify defects and address the proper corrective actions to be done by the Contractor to meet our level of quality;
- Ensure that production is equivalent to OK samples
- Demonstrate ethics and professionalism with the various sub-contractors in order to Communicate a good image of the company;
- Call in to supervisor to discuss specific problems that may occur
- Advise supervisor-Examining (internal) when lots are about to be shipped Minimum of 5 years of experience in quality control in high end ladies wear; Knowledge of the manufacture and measures in the field of clothing
- Knowledge of garment construction and sewing;
- Able to measure a garment;
- Must be fluent in English
- Basic knowledge of Excel;
- Time management; Organize the work and meet priorities;
- Able to demonstrate rigor in the work; Detailed oriented and meticulous;Interpersonal relationship;
- Own a driving licence and have access to car.
- Accountable for:
- For all manufacturing activities assigned to his contractors;
- First Time quality (quality compliance of good received);
- On-time delivery;
- Cycle time;
- Capacity improvement.
If this challenge interest you and you want to evolve in a well establish and internationally recognized company, we invite you to send us your resume through this site.
***Only the candidates who will be moving forward will receive a follow-up. ***